I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Mar 24, 2018

Hay There!

The snow is starting to melt, the sun is trying to peek through the clouds and the days are very slowly getting warmer. I don't see any flowers yet but I know they're on their way, as is the rain. I welcome the rain, but only because it's not snow.

Half-hearted, I know.

I feel like I'm waking up from a slumber. Winter, with its dark skies and cold weather has a tendency to drain me of energy and I long to be indoors where I can snuggle and nest. Human hibernation - it's a thing.

So my walk today was amazing. The fresh air was rejuvenating and I enjoyed it so much. I want spring to come and I hope it's a long spring this year. Spring and Fall are my favorite times of year but it seems they're the shortest seasons up here. Winter is super cold and snowy, Summer is super hot and burny....remember the fires last year? Crazy.

Anyway....enough about the seasons.

Last week we went out of town and I stopped in at Clippers in Langley. I bought a few diecuts, some stamp sets and a small paper pad. These are the cards I made.
The stamp set is "Hay There" from Lawn Fawn.
I also bought some diecut mini frames to use with it. I think they're so stinkin' cute, and the set also comes with some chicks, a lamb, an egg, and a barn and picket fence. I will be making some barnyard type cards down the road. So cute.

With Spring around the corner, it's time for another parcel for the grands.


We picked up a few little things for the two littlest ones and chocolate for everyone. This son has 5 kids and the first three are quite a bit older, so they're all working now, but I wanted to send something for the little ones because they get super excited.

When I make up a box for them, I usually add a letter. While making up the letter I thought why not incorporate some of the Lawn Fawn frames and stamps for them to color and put together as well. So I prepared some frames and stamped images, and then stamped some animals onto the letter. It makes it look fun.


The cardstock is lined and comes with a design. It looks festive and fun.


I placed the frames and stamped images in a plastic bag and stapled it to the back of the cardstock that I wrote the letter on.


I have so much fun putting little parcels together for the grands. The shipping costs are so much, especially here in Canada, but the kids are so worth it. I think they'll have fun opening the parcel. 

Coming up next are my brother in law and my sister in laws birthdays. Stay tuned! 

Blessings,
Carmen

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful parcel, and I am sure it will be greeted with great excitement - the shopping costs everywhere are going up it seems.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!